geometric coaster diy

geometric illusion coasters





After searching online for a coaster diy I found this pin. It is a pretty and easy diy that I had decided to make from the image alone. The steps I took to make the coasters are:

1. Draw or trace a symmetrical hexagon onto paper and cut this out before outlining it on a piece of corkboard which can easily be found at thrift stores.
2. Using scissors or a knife cut out the hexagon.
3. Using masking tape (or washi tape) mark out a diamond and paint this using the colour of your choice, I found using a cheap beauty sponge gave a nicer finish than painting with a brush. Once this is dry repeat for another diamond.
4. If you would like you could paint another layer, paint the sides or repeat steps 2 & 3 on the bottom of the coaster.

I made 2 coasters, one pink and grey and one pink and red. This would also look great using different materials such as plastic.

Will you make one?





~


All images are my own. 
DIY idea from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/298363544043809944/ but the website has not been visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment